Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day of Many Surprises

So last Wednesday I had an appointment with my pulmonologist and boy did I get a work out! First off, there is no close parking in Germany. You take a bus or are prepared to walk. I get motion sickness so I opt to walk. After walking the half mile to the hospital I then have to go up 2 floors to my doctor's office. I arrive there for them to tell me to go all the way back down to the 1st floor so I can have a lab done. I do that then return to the doctor. My EKG was abnormal so I now need to go up to the 5th floor to have an echo done and they also want me to do the lung resiliency test. I get up there and have the lung test done but the cardio doctor is out for the day. I then travel back down to the 3rd floor to finally see my doctor.
After waiting around 30 minutes, an emergency case came in that took my spot and I was rescheduled to see the doctor. So a traverse down the stairs once more, then walk a half mile to my parked car. I still have more errands to do so I head to Spangdahlem to finish them. On my way there I witnessed a high speed chase on one of Germany's very curvy, and very narrow, roads. It was none other than base security chasing the fiends! (Meaning that the chase was most likely after suspected terrorists).
I get to the Spang Post Office and carry my 40 pound package that I need to mail to my family. Talk about a workout! And my errands did not stop there! I then had to go grocery shopping as we were out of food and the chitlens were hungry.
I finally made it home around 7:30 PM to realize I'd missed my class, AGAIN! Ugg! I much rather of attended class then doing the Option 2, but things happen and we lose track of time. :-( O, well!

No comments:

Post a Comment