I've always felt fairly confident with my writing skills. What I haven't felt comfortable with is adding fluff to a paper. I'm an analytical person who is most in her element with the facts, straight. I don't do well putting them in paper form with a required page length. I know that is why I struggled so much with my paper. You want the facts, I can do that. You want something entertaining, I can do that. You want a mixture, you got the wrong person. My brain just can't switch from one to the other like other people. There's a medical reason for that, but it's personal and I'd rather not share.
I don’t really feel like I’ve improved. I feel like I’ve stayed the same during this class. My educational/research papers will continue to be strictly factual and will most likely be too short as a result. I can work hours upon hours on the paper (like I did with this one) and it will still fall short of what the professor wants. My mind just does not work that way. I still think I do fairly well in my classes, so I’m not too worried about not coming up to par. Like many people out there, I’d rather be graded for what I can do than what I can’t.
Goodbye everyone. It has been a wonderful experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment