Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day of the Graded Blog: Scoleciphobia

So this is to be my first graded blog in Writer's Comp II. I haven't previously mentioned this, but I was actually required to start this blog for that class. And now she is grading them! AHH!!

Just kidding! What could be easier than being graded on writing whatever you want? Well, I'm sure it's not whatever, but as long as it's relevant and thought out. :)

This blog will be on: snails. I have a deadly phobia of worms, snails, slugs, and all such evil creatures. I say deadly, because I am not only a danger to myself when confronted with these satanic beings, but also anyone in my way! I really don't know what caused this phobia or why I'm so frightened, but I know I have it. So does my husband.

Now I don't mean for that to sound as menacing as it did. It's just that we bought this second-hand, extremely beautiful aquarium from someone recently... that happened to be harboring snails I didn't want nor need to know about. What would a caring and compassionate husband do when he found these offenders? He would dispose of them and never EVER let his poor wife know that they ever existed.

What did my husband do? He woke me up from a much needed nap with the question: "Did you know we had snails?" Heck, no I didn't know! Otherwise that thing would have been flung out our 3 story window! After I informed him of his blunder, he properly disposed of the vile creatures, but the damage has been done. My stomach is in knots and I will not go near any location that may house the vilians. My plants will wither, the fish will starve, the bathroom will go unclean... All because a husband didn't know when to lie to his wife. What is the world coming to?!?!




*Scoleciphobia-the fear of worms

No comments:

Post a Comment